Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Alcohol Ink on Acetate

Hello fellow bloggers,
I have been away for awhile.  Yes, life got in the way of my fun!  I am back to show you a pretty simple card that is not too hard.  It was done with alcohol inks and acetate.  


I did this card at a friend's house a few weeks ago (we each bring a design to share and this card design belongs to Carrie -- Thank you), so I do not remember colors and I also do not have stamp or die cut names.  S O R R Y.  Just wanted to share the technique.  You simply dab a few drops of 2 or 3 alcohol ink colors onto an applicator with white felt and then tap, tap, tap onto the acetate.  Next add a drop or two of mixative and tap away again until you have the background you want.  There is an excellent tutorial at the Splitcoast Stampers site here.


Die cut grass from green cardstock becomes seaweed that is taped under the acetate.  You can tape the acetate (ink side down) onto the cardstock, or glue it as I did. 


And lastly, stamp the adorable fish using Black Stazon Ink on top of the acetate.  White liquid pearl dots inside the stamped bubbles make them look so real! 

I hope you give this a try because it is fun and easy to do.  I am sending this card to my best buddy, De, for an online group swap.  

Thanks for stopping by.  See you all soon!
Cheesy


2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Super cute idea with the little fish Sandy! Love this technique. BTW, nice to see you in Blogland! Miss ya!

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous card, Miss Cheesy - My favorite part is the mottled color of water on top of the sea grasses. The colors are so pretty - really does look like Florida water, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing your pretty card today! hugs, de