Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

2nd Birthday Cupcake

Good Morning Cyber Friends,
Today's card is the one I made for my only granddaughter, so I HAD to do it in pinks.....its my one chance to do girly!  I decided back in Florida some of the details and punched out a Martha Stewart butterflies edge punch from glossy white paper.  Also decided that I wanted to make an easel card.  Then a friend from my online stamping group was showing us how to use peel off stickers on sticker paper and she had an extra sheet of cupcakes......perfect.  Brought all of it here and this is the result.
Card closed

Found some cute pink flowered paper at Michael's and layered it onto pink card stock, then used a corner rounder punch.  Inked the edges of both papers.   The "happy birthday" is from a different sticker pack which is placed on a strip of pink with inked edges.  Two small punched butterflies with little jewels for bodies were added.



Above is the Happy Birthday sticker from Stampendous called Class A' Peel.


Glittery Cupcake CloseUp
The best part of any birthday party is the cake, right?  This one is yummy looking with all of its glittery goodness.  The black outline sticker was put onto 2-1/2 inch double sided Terr-ific Tape from Sparkle N Sprinkle (SNS).  Next, pour on the Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter, rub it in and shake off the excess.  Now use your Copic markers to color it in over the glitter.  SNS has a tutorial on its website showing how to do this Velvet Glitter technique here.  This cupcake only had one candle, but my granddaughter was two, so I added another from the sticker page before glittering.  When done coloring, remove the other protective layer from the tape and apply to some heavier weight paper; then cut around edges.  I used another one of those action wobble springs to attach the cupcake to the front of the card (see my  last post for the Car Card).  Isn't it shiny??



This is the cupcake sticker from Elisabeth Craft.  The "white" one is what was left after I removed the actual sticker.  You can see one candle sticker on the lower right that I also used.  There are 4 more cupcakes here to use, plus another one that is missing (I have glittered it and it is ready to use), so you get 6 cupcakes on one sheet.  Can you see that there are some smaller stickers that can be used as well?


Easel Card Open
Here is the card open.  The butterfly was used to hold the card open. A Sakura glaze pen was used to write the sentiment on the banner, and the area that cannot be seen here is for signing.  

Popped Up Butterfly

Here is a close up of the butterfly.  The punched out butterfly was glued onto a piece of acetate, cut out and then glitter was added with glue.
I was really happy with how it turned out and since she is only two, she will probably just love the wiggly cupcake, but her mom saves all of my cards, so maybe one day she will look at it and think of me!

I will be entering my card into the following challenges:
Catered CropPunches and dies
Hobby Cutz - Challenge 9 - anything with H (Happy Birthday)
ABC Challenge - P for Pretty In Pink
ALBC - Something Sweet (cupcake)
Animal Friends - Butterfly or Bugs (butterflies)

Hope you have a wonderful day and thank you so much for spending some time with me.
Cheesy Sandy


12 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

So many cool ideas here Sandy. Love the Cloud Nine Cup Cake - totally yummy! Easel cards are my favorite card folds, too!

Nat said...

Fabulous! Love the pretty colours. Thanks for joining us at A Little Bit Crafty.
Natx

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo Sandy,
eine sehr schöne Kartengestaltung. Die Karten gefallen mir beide sehr gut. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Animal Friends Challenge. Liebe Grüße Silvi

Denise said...

What a lovely cup cake card! Just love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Hobbycutz this fortnight and good luck in the Draw....
Crafty Hugs
Denise
http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

Donna Ellis said...

Sandy, Elizabeth will fall in love with this card every year she sees it. So sweet and full of fun glitz and glitter, made from her loving grandma's dear hands. It's beautiful, and I really REALLY like the unique fold in the card, like a reverse easel, or a "partial" easel - that was ingenius! Great idea! hugs, de

Ann-Marie said...

Perfectly pretty in pink and glittery and girly. Thank you for joining us over at The ABC Challenge this time and hope you join us again. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

Julie Z said...

Adorable card Sandy! So full of glittery goodness! I'm sure she loved it!!

I have sooo many of those outline stickers & yet I still haven't gotten around to doing this technique. Hard to believe! Thanks for the great inspiration!

Hope all is well with you :-)!

Lin said...

What a cute cupcake creation. It's made my mouth water

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin xx
ABC

Cheryl said...

What a cute card! The black outline sticker looks amazing! Love the tip to put a punched butterfly on acetate. That's a great way to help it keep it's shape.

Ellen Taylor said...

A fabulous sparkly cupcake! what little girl doesn't like pink!! Your granddaughter will love it! tfs

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is totally cute, have a wonderful day! I am having a giveaway on my blog, you can enter here...

http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2013/07/gifts-just-for-you-on-my-birthday.html

enjoy *~*

JD/ Jill said...

Here is another technqiue that I like to do. Have tried glitter with the outline stickers yet. I usually use my markers to color them in. this is a fun technique. YOu did a nice job with your cupcake card!