Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

HALLOWEEN LEFT-OVERS

NO, I'm not talking about dinner.  LOL.  I'm talkin about all those stickers, ribbons, paper, doo-daas that are in a drawer someplace that you bought on sale.  Last year or the year before or.....   That's what I've been trying to use up for these children's Halloween cards.  I used to make about 12-15 cards for neices and nephews and friend's kids.  But that was before grandkids!  And some of those original kids are now in college---imagine that.

I've shown you what I made for the grandkids already.  Went looking for more left-overs in my stash and found some of those balsa wood cutouts you see in Michael's that are uncolored.  Sooo, I used markers and glitters and patterned paper and voila!  Some easy, almost no stamping cards that I hope the kiddies will enjoy.  Don't you love that background paper?




 Oh, then I found something I bought on sale this year:  the sparkly words and pumpkins.  These were in a long strip, so I cut them up and used what I wanted.  I have to say, they didn't stick as well as I would have liked, so I added Sparkle N Sprinkle tear-ific tape to the back where I could.  Added that sticker to the center (its one of the ones that changes pictures when you move it.) 

 And I had one more of those dimensional children in costume, so I wanted to use it up.  Put that with some glittery foam stickers and a ghost from who knows where. 




You'd think I would have put a dent into all that Halloween stuff, right?  Wrong.  Still lots more in the drawers.  AND I just bought 3 more packages at Michael's yesterday.  Can't pass up a coupon good on sale items too!  LOL



Hope that you get lots of TREATS on Halloween!

See you again soon.
Cheesy Sandy

6 comments:

Lana Clarke said...

Wow super sparkly creations xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Hey Cheesy - you've been a busy little bee! These are wonderful - and yes I love that candy corn background paper, makes for a perfect setting for your pumpkin creations! Love all the sparkle you incorporated too!

April said...

Great cards! I love all of them.

Donna Ellis said...

You've been busy! I love what you have done - always so imaginative - you're amazing!

Linda Loew said...

Wow Cheesy, when the cats away the mice play. Nice cards. I love the background paper with the candy corn. Great Pumpkin colors on the wood cut outs. I would love to get a card like that for Trick or Treat!

Julie Z said...

Hi Sandy!
Love your "Leftovers"! Really liked the wood cut outs - they came out so nice. Particularly liked the two wood pumpkin cards - really sweet!

And yes, I can't miss using a coupon that's good on sale merchandise either! Such good deals!! That's how we get these huge stashes isn't it - LOL!! I need to take some advise from you and dive into just one of my stashes - yours turned out so cute! TFS!