Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Three Babies In One Week

Good morning cyber friends!  Have you noticed that your friend's adult children are now having babies? How old does that make us??? We have just heard of 3 sweet bundles of joy arriving this past week.  I did find a baby boy card in my stash.  Yippee!  Looks like I will be doing a CAS card for the remaining 2 baby girls cards.  Here is what I came up with:




I started out by using two coordinating double sided designer papers, one with polka dots and one with wavy lines.  The wavy paper is 4-1/4 X 5-1/2.  Dotted paper was cut 4-1/4 X 7, then scored at 5-1/2, folded over and taped onto the dotted one.    Both paper edges were inked with coordinating ink color.  I found this adorable ribbon in my stash and added it to the top using glue dots.  Perfect little girl vibe going on so far.  Side note:  the card was supposed to be PINK, but the paper is really more peachy in color.  I guess that works for little girls, too?


Next, die cut a scallop circle from the DP and ink the edges.  This sweet little bird delivering the sparkly bundle is from a Unity mini set called "Birdie Told Me".  She was stamped on white paper, die cut, colored and glittered with stickles.  I also added stickles to the outside edge of the circle.  The sentiment on the front is from an older Stampin Up set.




The sentiment on the inside is a from a clear stamp set by Cloud 9 Design called Simple Thoughts-Baby.  I just added the little silver charm using a brad before adhering the layer to the card base.

This card only took about 30 minutes to make and the hardest part was waiting for the stickles to dry!  
I am happy that I was able to get all three cards out in the mail today.  Feels good to get something accomplished.

Well, I had intentions of submitting this card to some challenges, but alas there just wasn't enough time.  Maybe the next one.



Have a wonderful day and thank you for taking the time to stop by!
Cheesy Sandy


4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

How pretty Sandy! Love that adorable little image and the Stickles are perfect for the bundle of joy! Sweet peachy colors too! Nice to see you blogging!

creativearts said...

Sandy, your blog is lovely and I love your projects. Keep up the good work. I still sell my cards and gave up on the blog. It is time consuming.
Eleanor

Stampsnob. said...

Really cute card and those babies are already getting older..................Lis

Diane said...

What a darling design Sandy.

Hugs Diane