Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

LEFTOVERS

Hello Bloggers,

As I told you last time, I do not have many supplies with me this summer so I brought some "leftovers" with me to use up.  Here is another card using some leftover pieces:
Toni's birthday
 
I had some glossy cardstock that was dry embossed with an embossing folder.  I used a brayer to roll ink from the Kaleidacolor rainbow ink pad called Spectrum.  Love this look which I learned from my former design teammate, Shona.  Cut to desired size and layered it on white paper.  After that it was simple!  I added the white ribbon with a thinner apple green ribbon to the middle, plus 3 half pearls.

The flowers??  Those are dollar store sticker finds!!!   (Thanks to my Florida friend, Gloria.) Yep, they are dimensional and really pretty.    And you get quite a few for $1.  What do you think????



Added a couple of the smaller stickers to the inside sentiment (Heartfelt Creations).  The writing uses a Sakura Glaze pen (these give a pretty color and sheen along with a little dimension).  Will probably be using these more this summer since I am without most of my stamps.  LOL.



Hope that this has given you some ideas!

Entering this card into the following challenges:

Challenges4Everybody - Challenge 21 - Anything Goes
Make My Monday - Use lace and/or ribbon
Inspire me Friday 106 - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Challenge 18 - Lots of layers
Totally Gorjuss - Challenge 186 - Anything goes with flowers
TTCRD - June 4 - 10 Challenge - Anything Goes

See you next time.  It has stopped raining, so I am going to try to go and plant some of my own flowers to enjoy.

Cheesy Sandy

11 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

So, so, pretty, Sandy! Love your brayered background! But I really thought you had stamped and colored the Hydrangeas from the new Spring Floral set from SNS! Awesome card. You've inspired me to try my hand at making some left-over cards! Thanks for sharing.

Mynn xx said...

What a fun card! LOVE the way you colored the dry embossed background--it's fabulous! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

PS: A gentle reminder to link up you POST and not your whole blog. To do this, click on the title of your post and then copy that address and put it into the link on the challenge blog. :) HUGS!

Kat said...

What a lovely card Sandy. Isn't it wonderful what you can make with bits and pieces? Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Laura Mackie Stampin' Up! said...

Great card thank you for joining us this week at MMM, Laura DT xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

We've had our electricity going off and on all afternoon - I already commented, and it didn't work apparently. Love this, the brayered background came out great! ... and I thought you had stamped and colored the hydrangeas from the latest Spring Florals set from SNS!! Great card Sandy. You've inspired me to look in my left-over box!! Thanks!

Anne Fenton said...

Your card is stunning...love the colors ..thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

Donna Ellis said...

great card, Cheesy! Love those deep colors in contrast to the white highlighting - and the stickers are beautiful! Your ribbon is pretty, especially with the three precious little pearls. hugs, de

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Sandy! you created a lovely background for those pretty flower stickers!
Thank you so much for sharing @ Inspire Me Fridays!

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our flowers challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, nicely done!

alex said...

Such a pretty card, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments

Alex (DT)

Tamie said...

Incredible flowers! I love the colors you used for them all. Thank you for sharing your flowers with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.