Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

HALLOWEEN CARDS MADE EASY

As you might be able to guess, I   l-o-v-e  Halloween.  I always send all the children in the family a card so I need a few of them.  lol  After spending lots of time of the ones I posted previously, I was ready for some easier ones.

Here we go.  These two cards were done with those plain wooden cutouts you see at Michael's or JoAnn's.  Purchased last year for 10 cents each.  I colored with markers and added glittery accents with glitter pens.  All that was needed was some appropriate background paper, again bought on sale.  I am guessing that these card only cost around 50 cents or less to make.  Not bad!
Wooden cutout


Wooden cutout
Next, I had this package of metal brads.  Here is a house with 3 ghosts (all metal brads).  Add them to some great designer paper and you have it.  Guess I could have added some bling, but I needed to get them in the mail.....going out of state: 
Metal brads

The last cards were made using stickers (again on sale last year).  These stickers are soooo cute.  I really love them.  This first one below uses the same designer background paper as above.  Just add a couple of stickers and its as cute as a frog!  LOL
Dimensional sticker
Dimensional sticker

Glittery sticker
Two more cards using cute stickers.  Add a fun paper.  Super easy and almost no stamping!  Well, I did stamp the sentiments inside, I just forgot to take pictures!


Don't forget to go looking for all these fun things on sale the day after Halloween.  Some may be on sale now, but they will be even cheaper afterwards.  Happy shopping!

Check in tomorrow for some cards made with photographs I have taken.  I love doing this and maybe you will too.

I am entering the Wooden Cutout Pumpkin into the following challenges:

Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge Week 131....."PUMPKINS"

ABC2-Halloween in a Hurry & Fast Fall Cards

Thanks for stopping by.
Sandy (Cheesy)

16 comments:

Sandy (Cheesy) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Ellis said...

Aw, what great ideas to produce many cute Halloweenie cards, Cheesy! Love the idea about using the inexpensive wooden ornaments from the big box store!

Kate said...

Cute cards! You've used some awesome papers, especially the candy corn. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends.

stampingbowd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stampingbowd said...

You made some awesome cards!!!! They are all fun but I really like the pumpkin paper and the big cheery grin on the pumpkin sticker!!! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox & Friends this week!

Pat said...

Great cards. Such happy looking pumpkins. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the pumpkin & candy corns. I'm a DT at Pause Dream Enjoy in which the challenge this wk is Candy so you can enter the Candy Corn card. Noticed you entered another challenge at MFP. I host a challenge at Speedy Tv Mark's Finest Papers Simple Salutations in which the challenge this wk challenge #16 is Fruit or Veg (you have a pumpkin on card) and it ends tonight so you still have time. Please ck it out, enter & let them know I sent you.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
MFP Simple Salutations Hostess

Winnie and Patty said...

What wonderful Halloween cards! Your first pumpkin card with the candy corn BG paper is my favorite because I love candy corn! LOL Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Lela said...

Super Cute! I love the wooden ornaments idea for the cards, very fun! Thanks for sharing with us your "fun and fast" Halloween cards!

Theresa's Studio said...

Cute card ideas. Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy Fox and Friends.

Barbara Bruder said...

Sandy, what a wonderful selection of halloween cards. Very cute!!

Ger said...

Fab Halloween card, love the added glitter. Thankyou for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

Ger x
ABC DT

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Fabulous Halloween cards...each one so fun and creative!

Thank you for participating in the ABC Challenge this week!

Danielle Vincent said...

Really fun cards. Love the DSP you've used for each of them and what a great way to use up those wood cuts and stickers. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

Danielle Vincent said...

OOOOPS me again - I named the wrong challenge (sooo red in the face) as I'm popping in and out of the two challenges that I'm a DT for. I really meant to say "thanks for joining us this week at 'ABC' Challenges"!

Patty Gorka said...

Oh, these are really cute! Love the idea of using the wooden cut outs and stickers, nicely done! Thank you for playing along this week at ABC Challenges!