Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

A Birthday Card on the Masculine Side

Hello everyone,
Its been awhile and I am sure you have been as busy as I have.  Now that Thanksgiving is over, all we have to look forward to is the Christmas rush.  LOL. 

Well, I had a birthday card to make for my son who just came into town from Canada.  We were lucky enough to see him and his family for a few days this weekend.  What fun!  So I am sharing the card I made for him.  Its not that complicated, as I didn't have lots of time to fuss.  But then guy cards always seem to be more simple.  At least to me.

The card was made with black and gold cardstock.  The main design was done with a cuttlebug embossing folder and then I ran black ink over the top to pop out the design.  I cut out the saying with a Spellbinders tag die and heat embossed the saying with black embossing powder.  Added a ribbon and it was done.  I liked the look of it and so did he.  Simple yet elegant.

I am entering this card into the following challenges
    More Than Favors-Wacky Wednesday #60-Birthday Theme
    Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #83-Make It Masculine
    Rainbow Lady's Challenge #180-Cards for Men
    Here Come the Boys Challenge #19-For the Man/Men In Your Life
    Whimsical Designs Wednesday Challenge - Add Texture

Happy Stamping,
Sandy (Cheesy)

13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous card, Sandy! The colors are richly elegant! Wow! Thanks for sharing!

joni said...

What a great Man Card!!! Love the colors and the beautiful but masculine ribbon is fantastic!!! Thanks for joining the challenge at Whimsical Designs!
hugs,
joni

shelly said...

sharp man card great colors and texture. thanks for playing along with us at whimdesigns :)

Rainbow Lady said...

Perfect card for a man. Thanks for sharing
Love Cynthia x

ElizabethR said...

Great card for the boys thanks for sharing at Rainbow lady's Challenge this week. Elizabeth x

Anonymous said...

A lovely card! Love the colours and your fab backing! Thanks for playing at Here Come The Boys Woo x

GiGi said...

What a fabulous card! It's perfect for a man and I love the embossed design! Thanks for playing at Whimscial Wednesdays!

Pat said...

Great job. Thanks for joining Speedy the Cats Friends.

Janeen said...

i like how you did that CB folder .great job. Thanks for sharing with us at friends of Speedy the cat this week.

Di said...

Ahh it's so good.Your card is fab for a man. Thankyou for joining us at HERE COME THE BOYS.
Hugs Di
xxx

Linda said...

Sandy now that is a great card! Masculine cards are hard, I love it!. The colors are so rich. TFS!

creativearts said...

Great masculine card, Sandy! I love coloring the embossed designs with ink -- so easy and very elegant looking! Happy Holidays!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Don't know why I';m just seeing this now, but I'm glad. Great idea for the lads, Sandy! They always seem to be more difficult for me!