Pages

Friday, May 8, 2015

TEA PARTY

I just had a tea party at my house.  It was my second year hosting the Spring Easter tea for my tea group, and I thought it would be fun to invite YOU, my blogger friends, via the internet to share all the fun (vicariously).  I will start off with the invitation.

2015 Tea Invitation

I had lots of ideas, but as always, I started to run short on time, so I opted for a more simple design.  It is a gate fold card on peach CS with a beautiful designer paper layered on top.  I die cut this Poppystamp Die Teapot Stack 1157 from a teal cardstock.  Then I cut it again from silver cardstock.  When I removed it from the die machine, I turned it upside down and put a piece of removable tape across all the pieces; then carefully removed the outline of the die (save this piece for a later project). Now take the teal outline and place a piece of tape on the back of it covering all the cutout areas; pick up each silver piece and place it in the proper space in the teal outline.  Yes, I know....you are saying this will take time.  But BELIEVE me, if you don't keep all the pieces in the proper place, you will have a nightmare on your hands trying to figure out which piece goes where!  Just ask me how I know! 
Now all you have to do is tape the teapots to the left side and add corner sticker embellishments!

2015 Tea Invite Open



On the inside I stamped a Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp and left it in black outline.  I added a hand written reminder to wear a Easter bonnet.  The center is a Martha Stewart punch around the page with the information needed pre-printed from the computer.

Unfortunately, this stamp may no longer be offered, but Sparkle and Sprinkle does have other Hat Ladies that would work (also offered as digi stamps):

Vivian Hat Lady and Danielle Hat Lady and Catherine Hat Lady

Stay tuned for more information on the tea, like the menu and recipes.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges
Scrapy Land Challenge #17 Anything Goes  (include dies they carry) 5/17
Lil Patch of Crafty FriendsChallenge #9 Anything Goes 5/15


See you soon!

4 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my I want to come to your Tea Party!! Your invitations is gorgeous! Love the inside and outside and I have been eyeing that teapot die for awhile now and I think I just HAVE to get it! Thanks for sharing this with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #17!

Donna Ellis said...

This is so adorable, Sandy! I love what you did for the invitations, Cheesy, and wish I could have come as well! xoxoxox

Kelly Schelske said...

Cute card, great job!

Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

Tamie said...

I love the type of card you made and the antique look of it. A Truly beautiful creation. Thank you so much for sharing your magnificent creation with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Tamie DT